Insurance Policy Unit
The Insurance Policy Unit develops EIOPA's prudential policy on insurance by:
- providing advice to the European Commission on legislative measures;
- drafting Technical Standards for endorsement;
- developing and promoting convergent supervisory practices and consistent application the European Union law;
- answering questions on the regulatory framework;
- preparing methodological policy relating to supervisory processes carried out by EIOPA;
- interacting with representatives of industry, policyholders and other stakeholders including through EIOPA's Insurance and Reinsurance Stakeholder Group, and engaging in regular regulatory dialogue meetings with non-European Economic Area supervisors.