The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) has published today a Consultation Paper on Good Practices on Communication Tools and Channels for communicating to occupational pension scheme members.
EIOPA examined existing practices to identify ideas for improving communications, and the Paper highlights the following areas:
• How the welcome or enrolment pack is transmitted to new members;
• The ways in which active and deferred members receive regular information about the status of their individual pension entitlements;
• Whether there are any retirement planning tools made available to members;
• How ad hoc information on changes directly affecting pension scheme members is being communicated;
• How to inform scheme members about their options when they change job, including for pension transfers;
• Once the point of retirement is drawing closer, whether, and how, scheme members should be informed about the options available.
The consultation period will end on 22 March 2016. Please note that comments submitted after the deadline or not submitted on the provided template cannot be processed.
The consultation paper and the template for comments can be viewed here.