Today, the Board of Supervisors of the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) elected, effective immediately, Patrick Montagner as a new member of EIOPA's Management Board. Patrick Montagner is First Deputy Secretary General at ACPR - Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Résolution.
The Management Board, chaired by EIOPA's Chairman, Gabriel Bernardino, ensures that EIOPA carries out its mission and performs the tasks assigned to it in accordance with its Regulation. The members of the Management Board are elected for a period of two-and-a-half years, which can be extended once.
The Management Board now consists of:
- Gabriel Bernardino, Chairman of EIOPA
- Alberto Corinti, Member of the Board of Directors at Istituto per la Vigilanza sulle Assicurazioni (IVASS), Italy
- Frank Grund, Chief Executive Director of Insurance and Pensions Funds Supervision at the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin), Germany
- Jean Hilgers, Member of the Board of Directors at the Nationale Bank van België/Banque Nationale de Belgique (NBB), Belgium
- Patrick Montagner, First Deputy Secretary General at Autorité de contrôle prudentiel et de résolution (ACPR), France
- Zuzana Silberová, Executive Director of the Financial Market Supervision Department, Czech National Bank, Czech Republic
- Olaf Sleijpen, Director of the Supervision Policy Division of De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB), The Netherlands