Open call for input
- Call for input on the inclusion of new data validations and corrections to the reporting/disclosure
Implementing Technical Standard (ITS) and harmonisation of the European XBRL
EIOPA is willing to include a set of new validations in the 2.3.0 taxonomy to be published by 15 July 2018 and to make any necessary corrections to the ITSs. EIOPA invites all stakeholders to submit input on:
- any validations considered important and that would increase the data quality of submissions at an early stage;
- any need for corrections to the European Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/2450 of 2 December 2015 laying down implementing technical standards with regard to the templates for the submission of information to the supervisory authorities according to Directive 2009/138/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council as amended by European Commission Implementing Regulations (EU) 2016/1868 and (EU) 2017/2189;
- any need for corrections to the European Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/2452 of 2 December 2015 laying down implementing technical standards with regard to the procedures, formats and templates of the solvency and financial condition report in accordance with Directive 2009/138/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council as amended by European Commission Implementing Regulations (EU) 2017/2189.
Please submit your input to firstname.lastname@example.org and SIIReporting@eiopa.europa.eu before 15 February 2018. You should include the new validation formula and suggested severity (blocking, non-blocking). Please note that your feedback is subject to the taxonomy licence. In accordance with the governance of taxonomies and other procedures, EIOPA plans to include the new validations in the context of the 2018 adaptive release (2.3.0). EIOPA believes that this will increase the quality of the reported data and will also minimise the divergences in the "extra" validations applied across the different National Competent Authorities.
EIOPA would also like to improve the harmonisation of the EIOPA XBRL Filing Rules implementation. If you are aware of divergences applied by the data collection systems of the National Competent Authorities, please submit your observations to email@example.com, preferably before 28 February 2018.
Open calls for comments
- Call for comments on EIOPA's Explanatory Notes on Variation Analysis Templates
The Variation Analysis Templates are part of the regular reporting process and defined in the European Commission's reporting Implementing Technical Standard (ITS). The reporting ITS includes the reporting items (Annex 1 of the ITS) and instructions (Annex 2 and 3 of the ITS) aiming to support stakeholders in the identification of the reporting items but also to ensure the consistency and comparability of the items reported.
The explanatory notes developed by EIOPA provide more granular explanations of the templates and reporting items, examples of reporting, particularly directed to non-life insurance undertakings, frequently asked questions and answers. They also include potential improvements of the instructions on reporting items defined in the reporting ITS.
The package for comment includes:
With this call EIOPA involves stakeholders to comment this documentation which aims to better support the stakeholders in the submission process.
EIOPA is preparing the outcome of the consultation and expects to publish it soon.
Closed calls for comments
Public Working Draft of Taxonomy version 2.2.0
Amendments to the adopted Solvency II Technical Standards on Reporting and Disclosure
Amendments to the adopted Solvency II Technical Standards on Reporting